Mobility Application Development - U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Franconia, VA
Do you enjoy working with people on agile development teams?
We are seeking analysts that can elicit requirements from users and business owners, facilitate meetings and support the documentation needs of our software projects. Strong communications and writing skills are needed.
You will join a talented software team that are well known for their ability to deliver working systems in some of the most demanding environments in law enforcement.
Our projects support the mission of U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) at the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
All positions require US citizenship.
- Talk to business owners and users to understand the business systems in our environment.
- Facilitate meetings to gather requirements gathering.
- Actively participate in creating the best possible product for the client through active participation in peer reviews, retrospectives and spikes.
- Shepherd projects through software life cycle processes to get them to production.
The Mobility Application Development project utilizes Agile processes for development of new internal and external facing mobile applications as well as operations and maintenance for existing applications.
You’ll be part of an agile team that is typically composed of a tech lead or lead developer and several developers. You will work in collaboration with other analysts, testers and project managers. The culture is one of sharing ideas, collaboration and focus on getting things done.
We use the Atlassian suite of tools (Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Stash, etc.) to manage and coordinate the efforts of our teams.
About SimonComputing, Inc.
We are dedicated to simplifying the process of building software. Agile has been an integral part of that approach since the day we started in August of 2002. Back then, we were into Extreme Programming and we received our first Scrum Master certificate in 2003.
With our approach, we specialize in developing technically challenging applications, and serve clients in the public and private sectors.
Employees receive a generous benefits package which includes:
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Disability and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid leave (holiday, sick and vacation)
- Employee referral bonuses
- 529 college savings plan
- Education reimbursements
- Fun team building events
TO APPLY: Send resume to email@example.com.
SimonComputing, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.